Contact
FREE CASE REVIEW

Benefits of a Toledo Car Accident Lawyer
Home Toledo Car Accident Lawyer Benefits of a Toledo Car Accident Lawyer

A car accident may result in significant injuries and could produce extensive property damage. These costs are often unexpected and your financial situation could become strained. Additionally, insurance companies are frequently difficult to deal with and may attempt to take advantage of an injured person to reduce their costs. Someone who experienced such an accident may want to consider the benefits of a Toledo car accident lawyer.

A skilled car wreck attorney who is familiar with Toledo car collisions could examine the case, assess the evidence collected from the crash and potentially help determine liability. Arrange a legal consultation to help streamline the process of filing a claim. Call today.

Reasons to Contact a Car Accident Lawyer

A dependable injury attorney could advocate for an injured victim in multiple ways. The attorney could send a representation letter to the insurance company. This letter generally means that the insurance company can no longer contact the claimant to get a recorded statement from them or try to get incriminating evidence by talking to them. An insurance company may attempt to use those statements against them in court and damage the integrity of a person’s claim to reduce costs. By explaining the evaluation of the property damage and providing the person with helpful ideas to maximize the recovery, an attorney may be able to help negotiate a property damage claim.

Documenting Medical Care Carefully

When a person is injured in a car accident, they may benefit from seeking immediate medical attention. This could reduce recovery time and help demonstrate the extent of someone’s injuries in a crash. An accomplished injury attorney could help secure proper documentation of injuries and medical care from the doctor and potentially use it in court to show the negligence of another party. The attorney could also help steer the person away from doctors who typically refuse to get involved in a personal injury case or are considered doctors in the hands of the insurance company.

Additionally, if there is a delay in treatment, the insurance companies may assume the person was not injured in the accident and deny the claim. Seeking medical attention in a timely fashion could substantially improve the outlook of a person’s case. Helping with properly documenting the injuries and advocating on behalf of the injured when negotiating with insurance companies are only some of the benefits of a Toledo car accident lawyer.

Comparative Negligence in Toledo Car Accident Cases

Toledo is a comparative negligence jurisdiction, which generally means an individual may need to show that the other party, the defendant, was at least 51 percent at fault. When the negligent party is at least 51 percent at fault, the injured person could potentially collect 51 percent of their damages. When the other party is deemed 49 percent at fault, they may be unable to collect damages, because their own negligence may have contributed more than the defendants. Additionally, Toledo does not generally have a threshold or minimum level to make a claim and does not typically have personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. Under Ohio law, an individual may collect damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, permanent injuries, lost wages, and future implications. An individual may also collect economic and non-economic damages.

Consider the Benefits of a Toledo Car Accident Lawyer

If you were injured in a car accident, a reliable personal injury attorney could help file a claim and fight for compensation which may alleviate unexpected financial pressure. Schedule an appointment with a knowledgeable legal representative and further explore the benefits of a Toledo car accident lawyer. The sooner you contact an attorney, the sooner they could begin working on your case.