Posted on Motorcycle-accidents.com are many statistics relating to motorcycle accidents. These statistics are the result of a study done by the University of Southern California in which they investigated 900 motorcycle accidents. Knowing these facts can help improve your safety on a motorcycle to prevent motorcycle accidents. Here are some of the findings:
- In the multiple vehicle accidents, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle right-of-way and caused the accident in two-thirds of those accidents.
- The failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominating cause of motorcycle accidents. The driver of the other vehicle involved in a collision with the motorcycle did not see the motorcycle before the collision or did not see the motorcycle until too late to avoid the collision.
- Deliberate hostile action by a motorist against a motorcycle rider is a rare accident cause. The most frequent accident configuration is the motorcycle proceeding straight then the automobile makes a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle.
- Intersections are the most likely place for the motorcycle accident, with the other vehicle violating the motorcycle right-of-way, and often violating traffic controls.
- Weather is not a factor in 98% of motorcycle accidents.
If you or someone you know has been involved in an Ohio motorcycle accident, you need information. Order your FREE copy of The Ohio Motorcycle Accident Book to learn your rights. Our attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we have six locations in northwest Ohio where we can meet with you – for free – to discuss your case.
Copyright © 2019 Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduced with Permission.