Our Toledo pediatrician malpractice lawyers at Charles Boyk Law Office, LLC handle malpractice claims against pediatricians. A pediatrician is a child physician who provides preventative health maintenance for healthy children and medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill. Pediatricians manage the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of their patients at every stage of development. Generally, pediatricians focus on babies, children, adolescents, and young adults from birth to 18 years of age.
When a child is sick it is beneficial for them to be seen by a pediatrician, however, there are occasions when a doctor fails to exercise the degree of care and skill that a physician of the same medical specialty would use under similar circumstances. The failure of a pediatrician to abide by this standard can result in child injury and in some cases deaths. When a pediatrician fails to provide correct care, which also includes medication errors and diagnosis errors, the injured patient may have Toledo pediatrician malpractice claims.
Common causes of pediatrician malpractice lawsuits include the failure to:
- Diagnose developmental dysplasia of the hip (DDH) or congenital hip dysplasia
- Diagnose testicular torsion
- Diagnosis appendicitis
- Diagnose and treat meningitis
- Properly perform a circumcision
- Diagnose juvenal diabetes and/or diabetic ketoacidosis
- Diagnose and treat respiratory failure
- Diagnose and treat influenza A and/or B
- Diagnose and treat viruses and/or bacterial infections
- Diagnose congenital heart conditions
- Diagnose cancer and/or tumor
Contacting a Pediatrician Malpractice Lawyer
Our experienced Toledo pediatrician malpractice attorneys handle cases for victims of malpractice against pediatricians. Parents of children injured or harmed due to medical mistakes by a pediatrician should contact the Ohio medical malpractice firm of Charles Boyk Law Offices, LLC. Call us now to speak with one of our experienced attorneys about your Toledo pediatrician malpractice claims.