The Ohio OB/GYN malpractice lawyers at the Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC handle Toledo gynecologist malpractice claims against OB/GYNs. OB/GYN is an acronym for Obstetrician (OB) and Gynecologist (GYN). An OB/GYN is a practitioner who specializes in both fields. Specifically, they focus in the areas of prenatal care, pregnancy, childbirth, and disorders of the female reproductive system. An OB/GYN also administers Pap smear tests and tests to detect cancer, sexually transmitted diseases, or urinary tract diseases.
It is important for a woman to regularly see an OB/GYN for checkups as well as when she is expecting a newborn child. However, mistakes made by the OB/GYN can be detrimental and cause serious injuries to a woman’s life, we well as the lives of her unborn children. Mistakes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and breast cancer, as well as failure to properly manage pregnancy, labor, and delivery can cause serious injuries to the mother and even birth injuries to the newborn child. In these situations, the injured patient and/or her child may have an OB/GYN malpractice lawsuit.
Causes of OB/GYN malpractice lawsuits include the failure to:
- Diagnose and treat gestational diabetes
- Diagnose and treat pre-eclampsia
- Diagnose and treat an ectopic pregnancy
- Diagnose and treat a high-risk pregnancy
- Diagnose to provide proper prenatal care
- Diagnose and treat interuterine growth retardation
- Diagnose and treat decreased fetal movement
- Diagnose and treat oligohydramnios or low amniotic fluid levels
- Diagnose and treat a breech pregnancy
- Properly perform a vaginal delivery
- Properly perform a forceps assisted delivery
- Properly perform a vacuum extractor assisted delivery
- Properly perform a cesarean section
- Properly perform a VBAC
- Properly recognize fetal distress on the fetal heart monitor
- Diagnose and handle a fetal interuterine stroke
- Deliver the baby in a timely manner
- Diagnose cord compression
- Diagnose group B strep during pregnancy
- Determine Rh status and/or blood compatibility during pregnancy
- Remove the placenta and/or products of conception
- Properly perform a pap smear
- Properly perform a D & C (dilation and curettage)
- Properly perform a breast examination
- Diagnose and treat endometriosis
- Perform a radical hysterectomy
For more information about what to do if you or a loved one are a victim of a medical mistake, order our free book, “The Ultimate Guide To Medical Malpractice Claims In Ohio” by Charles Boyk, Michael Bruno, Nicholas Dodosh. The book is an insider’s report on Toledo gynecologist malpractice claims and includes information on why most malpractice victims never receive compensation for their injuries.
No Fee Promise
If we take your case, we will represent you in your Toledo gynecologist malpractice claims under our NO FEE PROMISE. What this means is that you will not be charged any attorney fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for attorney fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Lawyer
Our experienced Ohio medical malpractice lawyers handle Toledo gynecologist malpractice claims for victims of malpractice against OB/GYNs. Patients injured or harmed during medical mistakes by an Obstetrician (OB) and Gynecologist (GYN) should contact the Ohio medical malpractice firm of the Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC. Call us now to speak with one of our experienced attorneys about your case.