Ridiculously Easy Salsa Soup
- 2 16 oz jars of your favorite salsa
- 2 15 oz cans of chili beans in sauce
- 1 15 oz. can white corn (drained)
- 1.5-2 lbs finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C BBQ sauce
- 2 C water
- 1 lager or brown ale
- 1 C freshly chopped cilantro
- sea salt/cracked pepper
- 2 T hot sauce
Throw it all into a large pot (except cilantro – add last) heat and eat… or let it cook for 3-4 hours on low. Note: this one is always better the next day. Serve with sharp cheddar, sour cream, and corn chips on top.
And/or corn bread. And/or peanut butter sandwiches (we’re serious – one of our favorite sides for this)!