Mom’s Marshmallow Cornflake Wreaths
– 1/3 cup butter
– 1 package (10 ounces or about 40 large) marshmallows
– 1 teaspoon green coloring
– 6 – 8 cups Cornflakes cereal
– Red cinnamon candies
– Non-stick cooking spray (or butter)
– Parchment paper
1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add green food coloring until evenly distributed.
3. Add the cornflakes and mix until well-coated.
4. Using a spoon or measuring cup coated with butter or cooking spray, move some cornflake-marshmallow mixture onto the parchment paper.
5. Coat your hands with cooking spray or butter, and then shape the portions into wreaths.
6. Decorate the wreaths with cinnamon candies.
7. Repeat until all of the cornflake mixture is used. Allow to cool before serving.
It makes about 16 wreaths that look very festive on a plate of Christmas cookies! Happy Holidays!