Can You Go To Jail For Accidentally Killing Someone In Ohio?

Can You Go To Jail For Accidentally Killing Someone In Ohio?

In Ohio, if an accident of any type results in the death of another person, there is a strong chance that the person who caused the accident may face criminal charges for their role in causing the death of the other person . Depending on the details of the incident that resulted in death, and the at-fault individual’s legal representation, the outcomes can vary.

Criminal charges are brought at the discretion of the prosecuting attorney and can vary widely based on the facts surrounding the accident. Prior to initiating criminal proceedings, the prosecutor may consider whether or not the accident was the result of recklessness or premeditation, if the accident was the result of an intentional act, among other factors specific to the case. While the death may have been accidental, this factor is only one of many issues that must be addressed in resolving any criminal or civil actions arising from the person’s death, making it crucial to have an experienced and aggressive advocate acting as your attorney.

Ohio Attorney to Represent Your Case

The most important thing for someone to do that has been involved in a situation in which he or she may have caused the death of another is to contact an Ohio attorney as soon as possible. There are many steps to take in navigating the civil and criminal justice system when you are in this type of situation, and without the guidance of an experienced lawyer who knows Ohio law, you may place yourself at risk for an unfavorable outcome.

By contacting an Ohio lawyer for your case, you can have your legal questions answered, and receive advice on your rights in any legal proceeding. The attorneys at Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC highly recommend seeking legal counsel as soon as possible. Having the knowledge, experience, and resources that a lawyer can offer is crucial in securing a favorable outcome in your case, so speak to an Ohio attorney and review your case.

Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC