Our Bowling Green accident injury lawyers represent clients who have been injured in car accidents at the fault of another driver.
There are several crucial steps to take following a car accident in Bowling Green.
Do you know what to do if you are involved in an Ohio car accident?
Top 10 Steps After a Car Accident
- Seek treatment immediately – Go to the doctor or ER and get checked out right away.
- Don’t rush to settle your claim – An offer of a few thousand dollars right now will not help you pay your medical bills later.
- Don’t underestimate the insurance adjuster – The insurance adjusters settle claims for a living, and they do not have your best interest in mind. They only want to save their company money.
- Don’t provide a statement to the adjuster – You never know when what you say to an adjuster will be held against you. talk to a lawyer before talking with the insurance company.
- Don’t sign medical authorization forms – Do not allow the insurance company access to medical records that have nothing to do with your car accident injury.
- Document everything – Make sure to keep all police reports, bills, records, witness statements, off-work slips, and other documents related to your case.
- Honesty is the best policy – Don’t get caught in a lie – it can destroy your case later.
- Don’t hide information from your lawyer – Your lawyer can help you work through any tough situation as long as you let them know about it. Don’t let the insurance company find out something bad before your lawyer does.
- Don’t exaggerate your injuries – If you are caught by a private investigator doing an activity you claim to not be able to do, your compensation could be jeopardized.
- Hire a personal injury lawyer – Insurance companies employ professionals who deal with personal injury cases every day.
- Obtain your Accident Report.
Important Information to Gather For Insurance
- Names of drivers.
- Name of passengers.
- Names of car owners.
- What the weather was like at the time of the accident.
- Specific accident location.
- Property damage.
- Airbag and seat belt use.
- Any known injuries.
- Insurance company info.
- Names of witnesses.
Rights after Car Accident
Order your free copy of The Ohio Accident Book to learn your rights after a car accident. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your vehicle
It is important to contact an experienced car accident injury attorney if you’ve been injured in an accident. Call us today for your free case evaluation.