Injured In A Findlay Car Accident But Not Sure What To Do?
If you have been involved in a Findlay car accident, our accident lawyers have the below advice for the steps that you should follow, including seeking medical attention and contacting an attorney.
Findlay Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident is a very scary thing. It is something that is likely to happen at one point or another to us all, ranging from a fender bender to a serious injury accident. Our lawyers advise car accident victims to follow the below steps after being in a car accident. Following these steps will allow the victim to not only protect their physical health, but also help to better position their personal injury claim.
- Check for injuries sustained in the accident – check both yourself and others in the vehicle; if there are any serious injuries, call the police immediately.
- Ensure that you are safe – check the scene of the accident and make sure that you are safe; do not get out of your vehicle if there are serious hazards that exist. If you are on a high-traffic road, contact the police so they may come and assist.
- Try to exchange information with others involved – exchanging information with the other driver(s) involved with the accident can help your personal injury claim; if the other driver is willing and able, exchange information with them including their type of insurance, their contact information, and the make and model of their vehicle.
- File a police report – if the police do not come to the scene of the accident, visit the police station to file a report of the accident. Request a copy of the report and share it with your Findlay accident lawyer.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident – use your smart phone to take pictures of the car accident scene and share them with your accident lawyer. Having pictures of the accident will allow you to document what occurred and could support your personal injury claim.
- Call the insurance company – contact your insurance agent and explain what happened and the damages that have occurred from the accident.
Accident Lawyer: Findlay
One of the most important steps to follow after doing the above is to contact an accident lawyer. If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries in the accident, hiring an accident lawyer to represent you is very important. Contacting the lawyer soon after the accident can also help to make the process much easier for you and it also helps your personal injury claim when you have a professional working on your behalf from the beginning.
To contact the Findlay accident lawyers at the Charles Boyk Law Office. When calling our office, you will have the chance to speak directly to a lawyer about your car accident and receive their advice on the proper legal steps to take. You can also request a free copy of The Ohio Accident Book to help guide you through the legal process.