Snowmobile Safety Tips
With winter upon us and the possibility of participating in snow sports rises, although we haven’t seen much snow yet, we would like to take a little time to go over the basic safety code for snowmobile riding.
- Before you go out, make sure that your snowmobile is in the proper condition. Familiarize yourself with the snowmobile and read the manual.
- Use a full-size helmet, goggles or face shield. This will prevent injuries from twigs and other debris that may come and hit you.
- Do not wear a scarf that is long. This creates a hazard because it can get caught in the snowmobile’s moving parts.
- Know the land that you are going to ride. If you have never ridden on it, ask someone who has.
- Keep an eye on the weather forecast.
- Always use the buddy system and never ride by yourself.
- Do not chase after animals of any kind.
- Use the proper lighting system on your snowmobile.
- If you do not know the thickness of the ice or are unfamiliar with the water currents, do not go in these areas. Drowning is a major cause of snowmobile fatalities.
If you have been injured in a snowmobile accident and you have questions about the liability and if you have a case, call our Northwest Ohio snowmobile accident lawyers to schedule a free legal consultation today.
Contact a skilled attorney today to start filing your claim. It is essential to begin building a case.