Do you know the risks of riding different types of motorcycles? A study performed by the University of Southern California about motorcycle accidents has revealed some well-known truths but also a few little-known facts about the wrecks that have taken the lives of thousands of riders. Here are some of those facts:
– Motorcycles equipped with fairings and windshields are underrepresented in accidents, most likely because of the contribution to conspicuity and the association with more experienced and trained riders.
– Motorcycle riders in these accidents were significant without a motorcycle license, without any license, or with license revoked.
– Motorcycle modifications such as those associated with the semi-chopper or cafe racer are definitely over-represented in accidents.
– The likelihood of injury is extremely high in these motorcycle accidents-98% of the multiple vehicle collisions and 96% of the single vehicle accidents resulted in some kind of injury to the motorcycle rider; 45% resulted in more than a minor injury.
– Half of the injuries to the somatic regions were to the ankle-foot, lower leg, knee, and thigh-upper leg.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you need information. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we have six locations in northwest Ohio where we can meet with you – for free – to discuss your case.
Contact a skilled attorney who can help you file claims.