College Student Injured In A Toledo Car Accident: How To Pursue Your Claim

If a student is attending college out of state and is involved in a car accident, they may find the legal process very confusing. Oftentimes, if that student attends college in Ohio, the first question they are asked is if they are an Ohio resident.

The term “resident” means any person that has a year-round (12 month) place of residence in the state of Ohio, is qualified to vote in Ohio and pays taxes to the state of Ohio. If someone resides in the state and plans to continue to do so, they can be considered a resident.

Many college students do not live in Ohio year round and plan to leave upon graduation. In this case, they can be considered a resident of their home state instead.

Seeking Damages for Car Accident Injuries

No matter where the student is considered a resident, they have equal access to Ohio Courts to seek damages for injuries sustained in an accident due to another person’s negligence. If a college student finds themselves in this type of situation, it is critical for them to obtain an attorney that can work with them to hold the negligent individual accountable, allowing them to receive the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries.

If you are an out-of-state college student attending the University of Toledo, call our Toledo accident attorneys. Our legal team can guide you through your case and help you to obtain the maximum amount of damages for your injuries.

Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC