A Guide To Buying Car Insurance In Ohio
One doesn’t need to be an experienced Toledo car accident lawyer to know that buying auto insurance can be a difficult and confusing process. First, you should know that you are not alone in buying car insurance. Everyone in Ohio must buy car insurance — it’s illegal to operate a vehicle in the state without it! If you get pulled over and don’t have proof of insurance, you will suffer some or all of the following penalties:
- Loss of driving privileges for a minimum of 90 days and up to two years;
- License plate and vehicle registration suspension;
- License plate reinstatement fees of $125 for the first violation;
- Requirements to regularly register with the BMV to prove insurance coverage for a minimum of three years and up to five years;
- Vehicle immobilization and confiscation of plates for 30 to 60 days if the driver violates the suspension.
- If you’re like most people you can’t afford to go 90 days, let alone two years, without the ability to drive a car!
Don’t risk it!
Now, there’s no question that buying insurance can be confusing. What type of insurance do you need? How do you get the insurance? How will the insurance be applied to you in the event of an accident? This book will attempt to clear things up. It will give you the basic information you need to allow you to have an intelligent conversation with an insurance agent so you can buy the policy that is right for you. Of course, the best way to make sure that you are adequately insured is to consult a knowledgeable insurance agent who will look out for your best interest. They’re the pros, and they can explain everything to you in terms that make insurance easier to understand.
This book is intended as a supplemental resource for you to use as you buy your auto insurance. We hope you find it helpful. If you have any questions about an accident in which you, a family member, or a friend have been injured, please feel free to give us a call our Toledo personal injury lawyers at 419-241-1395 or 800-637-8170. You can also visit our website by clicking here.