Soren’s “Best Ranch Beef Stew Known to Man”
The name may sound like hyperbole, but this recipe is so flavorful, rich, and hearty. As we head into fall, it is the perfect meal to start on a crisp, Saturday night for an incredible Sunday lunch.
- 2-3 pounds of chuck roast
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced (yes, really)
- 4-5 diced red/yellow potatoes with skins on (Yukon Gold or new red potatoes work best)
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 8 oz diced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 large, diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix or 1.5 cups of prepared ranch dressing
- Heat a skillet large enough to hold the roast over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil with a high smoke point (like avocado or canola oil).
- Then add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Sear the roast for one to two minutes on all sides until browned all over.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and set your slow cooker to low.
- Cook for 10 hours until the roast is fork-tender.