The name may sound like hyperbole, but this recipe is so flavorful, rich, and hearty. As we head into fall, it is the perfect meal to start on a crisp, Saturday night for an incredible Sunday lunch.
- 2-3 pounds of chuck roast
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 whole bulb of garlic, minced (yes, really)
- 4-5 diced red/yellow potatoes with skins on (Yukon Gold or new red potatoes work best)
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 8 oz diced baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups of diced celery
- 1 large, diced onion
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 packets of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix or 1.5 cups of prepared ranch dressing
- Heat a skillet large enough to hold the roast over medium-high heat.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil with a high smoke point (like avocado or canola oil).
- Then add garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Sear the roast for one to two minutes on all sides until browned all over.
- Transfer to a slow cooker and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and set your slow cooker to low.
- Cook for 10 hours until the roast is fork-tender.