- 2 C almond flour/meal, Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 C rolled oats (old-fashioned rolled)
- 1/2 C walnuts (chopped)
- 1 C whole cranberries (Or substitute with 2 2/3 C raisins)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 C grated zucchini (grated; about 1 zucchini)
- 1 C grated carrots (grated; about 2 carrots)
- 6 Tbsp butter, grass fed, unsalted (melted)
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, pureINSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, walnuts, cranberries or raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, zucchini, carrot, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into muffin cups filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 to 35 minutes.