In attempt to prevent future accidents and keep children safe, our law office is sharing the National Safety Council’s water safety tips to help keep children safe during the last month of the summer. Although the weather has been a bit on the chilly side lately, it will be warming up again and children will be back in the water. By paying attention to the below water safety tips, our office hopes that we can help prevent drowning accidents within our community.
Water Safety Tips
- Never leave a child alone near the water
- Enroll children in swim lessons with a qualified instructor
- Always follow safety precautions at swimming pools and water parks
- Keep an eye on children at public pools; Do not solely rely on the lifeguard
- Teach your children the importance of the buddy system
- Discourage rowdiness and rough play in the water
- Use only approved flotation devices
- Always have a first-aid kit and emergency contacts on hand
If the above safety tips are followed the likeliness of an accident is significantly lower. Our attorneys urge you to keep your children safe while at the swimming pool. We have unfortunately seen the tragic results of serious swimming pool accidents and want to do everything we can to prevent future accidents from occurring.
For more water safety tips, visit The Josh Project’s website. If your child has been injured in a swimming pool accident due to the negligence of another individual, call our child accident attorneys at 800.637.8170.