3 Things To Know If Injured By Defective Product
There are various types of defective products and various reasons why the product has become defected. The personal injury lawyers at the Charles E. Boyk Law Office have handled countless product liability claims and have helped those injured by defective products to receive the compensation that is deserved for the injuries and pain and suffering that were experienced.
Our lawyers have found the below three things very important for an individual injured by a defective product to know.
- Seek medical treatment immediately – after being injured by a defective product, it is important to seek medical attention. This is not only advised for your own physical health, but it also helps to support your product liability claim.
- Do not dispose of the product – whether the defective product is a small appliance, a bicycle, or even a car, do not dispose of it. If you do not have the product, you cannot prove that it became defective. Therefore, if you were injured in a car accident due to issues with the airbags, do not get rid of the car because that means you are getting rid of the evidence for your claim.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer experienced in product liability – there are several reasons why contacting a personal injury lawyer to help with your case is important. First off, they will give you the guidance that is necessary to support your product liability claim. For example, if you contacted a personal injury lawyer soon after an accident in which a defective airbag didn’t deploy, they would advise you to not get rid of the car, among many other things. It’s always best to have a professional on your side, fighting on your behalf.
Defective Products: Personal Injury Lawyers
Defective products are caused for three reasons – design defects, manufacturing defects, and marketing defects.
- Design defects – the product was not designed properly, resulting in injury to users
- Manufacturing defects – there were defects in the manufacturing process that resulting in the product defects
- Marketing defects – the instructions or safety information was not correct, resulting in injury to those who use the product
A personal injury lawyer with experience in product liability claims can help you to file a personal injury claim for the injury that was caused by the defective product. It is important to have an experienced lawyer with cases similar to yours as they will better fit to work on your behalf and help you to receive the compensation that is deserved no matter what defect caused your injury.
To speak to one of the lawyers at the Charles E. Boyk Law Office, call 800.637.8170. We advise that you contact a lawyer soon after the incident occurs so you can be sure that you follow all the necessary steps in the legal process under the guidance of an experienced professional. By calling our office, you will have the opportunity to speak directly with a lawyer and receive a free case evaluation along with their advice regarding the steps to take.