15-Year-Old Autistic Boy Loses His Life After Negligent Prescription
A civil suit was filed in Seattle, Washington after a 15-year-old autistic boy suffered wrongful death after a drug overdose caused by a painkiller patch called fentanyl.
The boy had gone to Seattle Children’s Hospital for a routine tooth extraction and was prescribed the fentanyl patch for pain, at the highest recommended dosage, and sent home. He was found unresponsive the next morning and pronounced dead at the scene.
Seattle, Washington attorney Chris Davis helped the mother of the boy filed a civil suit in the King County Superior Court, hoping to hold the Seattle Children’s Hospital accountable for the boy’s death.
“I’ve already consulted with three experts across the country — all of them say this is a very egregious case,” Chris Davis said. “First, he never should have been given (the fentanyl patch). Second, he was given the highest dose available.”