RECIPE: Mom’s “Most Requested” Cinnamon Cheesecake Squares
-2 (10-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
-2 (8 ounce) packages softened cream cheese
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 stick butter, melted
-½ cup sugar
-3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Press 1 package of crescent rolls in the bottom of ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Press and pat the perforations together.
2. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla. Pour over crescent roll crust and spread to sides.
3. Lay the second can of crescent roll dough onto a piece of waxed paper. Pat the perforations together and carefully stretch dough as needed to fit the pan. Flip the waxed paper over placing the dough onto the cream cheese layer and remove the paper.
4. Melt the butter and pour over the top crust. Mix the ½ cup sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the buttered dough.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes until the top is brown and bubbly. Allow to cool until firm and then cut into squares.
Andrea’s mom said this was her most requested recipe ever! Her instructions suggested keeping copies of it on hand for guests whenever you serve them.