Property owners owe it to the public and their visitors to provide a safe environment. Slips and falls can happen just about anywhere, especially when a negligent property owner fails to provide that safe environment.
Wet floors, cracked pavement, and icy sidewalks can all lead to serious accidents and injuries.
When an injury is caused by the negligence of a property owner, the accident victim may have grounds for a lawsuit.
A Findlay premises liability lawyer knows how a serious accident can change a life forever. Not only will they know that your compassionate personal injury attorney can work with you to seek the maximum compensation possible following your accident.
Negligent homeowners and property owners should be held responsible for their carelessness, get in touch with a lawyer who understands that and is more than willing to advocate for you
Steps to Take After a Premises Liability Accident
If you’ve been injured in a premises liability accident, be sure to follow these steps:
- Seek medical attention: If you believe yourself to be seriously injured, see a doctor for an examination. They can help document any injuries you sustained
- Collect Evidence: Resist the urge to throw away any torn or stained clothing. It could come in handy when proving negligence
- Try to take photos and video before leaving the scene: Snap pictures of the accident scene with your cell phone before heading home
- Ask employees or homeowners if the accident was caught on security camera: Even if the manager refuses to hand over the tape to you, knowing that it exists can be enough for your attorney to gain access to it
- Report accident to the manager/homeowner: Allow the responsible party to make things right, if possible
- Collect names and information from witnesses: Exchange information so you can contact them if necessary to the investigation into the accident
- Create a journal-entry style account of what happened: You never know what little details might be forgotten over time
Injury Lawsuits Based on Premises Liability
People injured in a slip and fall accident can seek several kinds of compensation for their troubles. Medical bills are the most common kind of compensation – after all, no victim should be held liable for injuries sustained in a premises liability accident. Future medical expenses that are expected, like physical therapy, can also be recovered.
Accident victims often miss work to recover from their injuries. A Findlay premises liability lawyer can help recover any missed wages you lost out on while recovering.
The pain and suffering victims experience can also factor into a slip and fall lawsuit. The trauma from an accident can stay with a victim for a long time. Financial compensation cannot make up for such a distressing experience, but it can help aid the recovery process.
Talk to a Findlay Premises Liability Attorney Today
Negligent property owners can be held responsible for their apathy. A Findlay premises liability lawyer can offer guidance and clarity regarding your legal options moving forward.
As your legal advocate, an attorney can fight for the maximum possible compensation for your troubles. Your road to recovery can begin today. Get in touch with a premises liability lawyer and know that you are in capable hands.