What Caused The Back-Up At The I-475, US 23 Split?

Commuters were greeted with a very slow trip to work on Thursday morning as the split of I-475 and US 23 saw nothing but brake lights.

It was reported by 13 ABC that there were two separate crashes in the area. Traffic remained backed up for quite some time with the news outlets warning drivers to avoid the expressway if possible.

While we do not have many details regarding the accidents that caused the traffic delay, we do have advice for anyone involved.

If you are injured in an accident that is caused by another motorist, the answer is to always contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

These Thursday morning accidents could have been caused by several things – whether it was ice on the roadways or a motorist going left of center. There are many factors that could have caused the accident and if someone becomes injured in such an accident, it is essential to seek the guidance of an experienced lawyer to help them receive the settlement that they deserve.

Contacting a Lawyer for a Car Accident

If you have been injured in an accident because another driver failed to operate their vehicle effectively, you can file an injury claim. To do so, the first step is to contact a personal injury attorney to represent you in your claim.

Soon after your accident, you will probably receive phone calls from the insurance company of the at-fault driver. The most important thing we can tell you is that you should not speak to them about your case. They are doing everything they can to decrease the amount of money that they will pay you. The best thing to do is to hire a lawyer and let them take over the communication.

Depending on the cause of the accident, there may also be investigation required to make it clear that it was the other driver’s fault. You may also need to collect statements of witnesses and first-responders. This is something that a lawyer can take care of right after an accident, do so efficiently and effectively, build a stronger case for you.

To speak to one of the attorneys at our office about the accident that you had on a Toledo highway, call 800.637.8170. Our attorneys would be happy to review the accident with you over the phone and go over the steps that you can take to ensure that you end up receiving compensation for your injuries. We will also answer any legal questions that you have about your case so you can be fully informed of all the options that you have.

We also recommended that you request a copy of The Ohio Accident Book to serve as a guide throughout the legal process. Order your copy directly from our website, or request one when speaking to one of our lawyers.

Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC