Emergency crews in Meigs County were called again to the scene of an accident involving a motorcycle and tractor trailer. This accident occurred at the intersection of Ohio 325 and Ohio 124 in Salem Township. Medical helicopters were dispatched to the crash site and one person was reported to be entrapped beneath the tractor trailer.
Motorcycles are dangerous but sometimes it isn’t always the motorcycle riders fault for an accident. Other drivers out on the road need to be aware of their surroundings and other vehicles out on the road especially motorcycles. Check out some of our previous blogs on motorcycle safety.
Some of the safety tips include:
- Always wear proper eye wear; shatter resistant
- Full face helmets; most important item to have while riding a motorcycle or scooter. Make sure that your full face helmet is DOT (Department of Transportation) approved.
- Full finger riding gloves
- Ankle boots
- Long pants & shirts
- Riding jackets; with protective padding
- Enjoy & Have fun; but be safe!
If you or someone you know has been involved in a motorcycle accident, call our Toledo, Ohio motorcycle accident attorneys at toll free 800.637.8170 for a free case evaluation or to request your FREE copy of The Ohio Motorcycle Accident Book.