Motorcycle Safety Tips: Know Before You Ride
Before You Ride
- Read the owner’s manual, as it will give you many specifics that you will find helpful in understanding and maintaining your bike.
- Check the tires – these are the most important parts of your bike. Check the surface of the tires for cuts and foreign objects. Check the tire pressure with a good gauge.
- Check the controls – cables are strong and rarely break, but check for kinks or stiffness.
- Check your lights, turn signals, horn, and mirrors.
- Check the oil, fuel, and if your bike is liquid-cooled, the coolant levels.
- If your motorcycle has a chain-drive to the rear wheel, make sure that the chain is properly tensioned and in good shape.
- Make sure that the side stand and center stand fold up and stay up.
- Check your brakes as you roll off. Make sure they work.
Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC
Copyright © 2020 Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC. All rights reserved. Reproduced with Permission.