Hunting Safety Tips To Keep In Mind During The Spring Turkey Season
While many of the cases handled by the Toledo injury lawyers at The Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC are related to motor vehicle accidents or medical malpractice, it is definitely possible for one to sustain serious personal injury in other places as well. This is especially true when it comes to recreational activities, as many Ohio residents consider boating and hunting throughout the state as beloved pasttimes.
With spring upon us, hunting season in Ohio has arrived. Especially because of the dangerous nature of the tools involved with hunting, it is increasingly important that all sportsmen keep safety as a top priority at all times. For those looking to catch some game this season, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Always identify a turkey’s head and beard before aiming.
- It is important to never shoot at sound or movement. Instead, assume it is another hunter until you can clearly see a turkey’s head or beard.
- Don hunter orange while walking through the woods to be seen by other sportsmen and avoid being shot.
- Also use hunter orange to identify your designated hunting location.
- When transporting a bagged turkey or decoy, always guise it in hunter orange.
- Don’t neglect to dress defensively. Never wear red, white, blue or black while hunting turkey.
- Be very familiar with the effective range of your gun.
- Be sure of your target and know what lies beyond.
If one does find themselves involved in an Ohio hunting accident, state law requires that the person identifies themselves and renders assistance. Failure to do so can result in a Class A misdemeanor.