Gund, of Edison, New Jersey, has recalled Gund Baby Paperboard Books. The recall includes about 15,100 books in the United States and 865 in Canada. The Styrofoam used to fill the books’ binding can detach, posing a choking/aspiration hazard to infants and young children. Gund has received three reports of children mouthing the Styrofoam that detached from the books. This recall involves three miniature children’s paperboard books with plastic handles designed as baby rattles.
The recall includes:
- Animals (item number 059174)
- Numbers (item number 059175)
- Colors (item number 059176)
- The books were also sold as a three-book set (item number 059173)
- The name “Gund” and the item number are located on the back of the books.
- The books measure 4 1/2 inches by 7 inches.
- The books were sold at gift and specialty stores nationwide from January 2009 through March 2010 for about $8 individually and $20 for the set.
Consumers should immediately take the books away from young children and contact Gund for a free replacement product. For additional information, contact Gund at (800) 436-3726.
If you or someone you know has a child who has been injured due to a Gund baby book you need information. Contact our Ohio child accident lawyers at 800.637.8170 to order your free copy of Little Kids, Big Accidents.