Family Of Compost Worker Files Wrongful Death Suit
The wrongful death lawsuit that was recently filed alleges that the Lamont composting facility in which two brother inhaled fatal doses of toxic gas had extremely dangerous conditions. The complaint states that Community Recycling acted in negligence and that the dangerous conditions were created by the company’s employees.
The lawsuit states that a man was cleaning out a drainage tunnel at the recycling plant when he inhaled hydrogen sulfide and was overcome by the fumes. His brother saw him lying unconscious at the bottom of an underground shaft and went to rescue him, but he was then overcome as well. Community Recycling was cited with many land use violations, was ordered to be closed and was fined $2.3 million.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party you need help. Our Toledo, Ohio wrongful death lawyers are here to help you through every part of your case. They are experienced in handling all kinds of wrongful deaths and many other lawsuits. Contact our office at toll free 800.637.8170 to request your FREE copy of The Ohio Wrongful Death Book and to receive a free case evaluation.