Drowsy Driving = Car Accidents
Here are some more drowsy driving tips from our Toledo, Ohio car accident lawyers:
· Check your medication to see if it causes drowsiness, and plan your trip to avoid peak effects of medication.
· Coffee or other caffeinated beverages may be effective in the short term but are not a substitute for sleep.
· Fresh air and open windows have no lasting effect on your ability to stay awake.
· The average person needs seven or eight hours of sleep a night, so don’t skimp on sleep prior to or during your vacation.
· Even if you fall asleep for a period as short as four or five seconds, your car can travel up to 100 yards, with fatal consequences.
Making sure you are alert is an important part of going on a long road trip. So for your next road trip remember to take these factors into consideration.