Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC wants to make sure you have a safe hunting season. Here are some helpful tips to avoid hunting accidents and to help prepare you for the deer hunting season.
Deer Hunter’s Checklist:
Avoid Problems, Be Prepared!
- Get the landowner’s permission to hunt.
- Buy your annual hunting license and deer permit early.
- Make sure your gun is plugged and not capable of holding more than three (3) shells.
- Make sure you meet hunter orange requirements.
- Know how to attach your temporary tag. Carry a piece of string, watch, and pencil or pen.
- Know the rules for use of communication devices.
- Know your APV laws.
- Know the season dates, hours, and Deer Zones.
- Follow proper check station procedures.
- Hunt safely
We obtained this information from the Ohio DNR website under wildlife.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a hunting accident, call our Toledo, Ohio hunting accident attorneys toll free at 800.637.8170 for a free case evaluation or to request your FREE copy of The Ohio Accident Book.