Are Infant Swings Safe?
The Child accident injury attorneys at the Charles E. Boyk Law Offices are pleased to announce that the Federal Product Safety Commission has moved to improve the standards concerning quality and safety of infant swings in response to recent recalls.
The federal standard, approved unanimously, requires all swings to meet the following criteria:
- A test that prevents unintentional folding
- A stronger warning label on packaging and design to help notify consumers of the dangers of slump-over injuries.
- A stability test to prevent swing from tipping over.
- Swings with seat angles of more than 50 Degrees are now required to have shoulder straps.
- Battery powered swings need to be designed to protect from battery leakage and overheating.
- Load Requirements to notify consumers of the specific weights the swing can handle.
- Requirement for attached mobiles to prevent the mobile from becoming detached when pulled.
The new standard, in response to 351 incidents including 2 fatalities in the past 3 years, will be enacted on May 7, 2013.
If you or someone you may know has a child that has been injured in a Toledo Ohio Accident, contact our office today to order your FREE copy of Little Kids, Big Accidents written by Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC.
For more information call our Toledo Ohio Accident attorneys at toll-free 800.637.8170. Our attorneys are experienced and will work with you to get you the settlement you deserve. Our attorneys will keep you updated about any offers that are made to settle your case.
We also provide clients with personal cell phone numbers and the attorneys are available after normal business hours and on weekends.