Congratulations to our 2022 scholarship recipient Brendan Bushbaker. Find out more about our previous winners here!
The Ohio Personal Injury lawyers of Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC are pleased to announce the 2023 Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship for college students.
The scholarship was created as part of Boyk Law’s continued commitment to the servicemembers of the United States Armed Forces and their continuing education. The 2023 Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship will award $2,000 to a student currently attending an accredited college or university, who has either served in the Armed Forces or is the child of a US Veteran.
This is the 7th year we are offering the Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship. This award is near and dear to our hearts. We understand that education looks different for many as we are still battling the COVID-19 pandemic.<
We hope this scholarship can bring hope to those struggling to pay for their education and encourage students to continue pursuing their educational goals. Thank you to all those who serve and continue to serve our country.
- The applicant has served in the United States Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Reserves OR is the child or stepchild of a veteran.
- The applicant is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited college or university within the United States.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited college or university.
To apply for the 2022 Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship, an applicant must submit the following items:
- An up-to-date resume with current contact information
- 750-1,000 word essay addressing at least two (2) of the following questions:
- Tell us the story of YOU. What is driving you to go to college, and what would you like to do with your degree?
- How has being a Veteran or the child of a Veteran affected your life?
- If you could advise someone joining the Armed Forces or other children of Veterans, what would that advice be?
- A certified copy of a college or university transcript.
The 2023 Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship winner will be announced by Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2023.
One student will receive one ,000 scholarship to be used exclusively toward college or university tuition or school-related expenses.
The winner will be notified by phone on November 11, 2023. A ,000 check will be sent to the winning student’s college or university.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2023. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Charles E. Boyk – 2023 Boyk Law Veteran Scholarship Application.”
Please send any questions to email@example.com as well.