Jo’s Honey Butter & Pecan Sweet Potatoes
These are not your grandma’s sweet potatoes!
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 + 1/4 C honey
- 1/2 C + 2 T real salted butter
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1 tsp Himalayan or Mayan pink salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground pepper
- Peel potatoes, dice into smaller pieces, and boil in a large pot until fork-tender.
- Drain potatoes and blend with 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup honey, heavy cream, and salt and pepper in a large mixer.
- Once smooth, place in 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 350º for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- While baking, melt 2 T butter and add to 1/4 C honey and mix well.
- Finely chop pecans.
- Drizzle honey/butter mixture over baked sweet potatoes and sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake for 10 more minutes at 350º.