Hardin County Driver Sues for Injuries Sustained in Highway Accident

On August 19, 2020, our client, a resident of Hardin County, was traveling northwest on State Route 292 in Perry Township, Logan County, Ohio. As she approached the intersection at County Road 2, a negligent driver traveling westbound on County Road 2 ran a stop sign and struck the driver’s side of her vehicle. The force of the collision caused our client’s car to roll over.

After the accident, an ambulance transported our client to the emergency room, where she began treatment for serious personal injuries to her hand, foot, and leg. The defendant received a citation from highway patrol for failing to stop at a posted stop sign. Our team at Charles E. Boyk Law Offices is working to obtain compensation from both the at-fault driver and our client’s auto insurance provider.

Proving the Other Driver’s Negligence

Like all licensed motorists in the state, the defendant had a responsibility to follow traffic laws and driver safety. He acted carelessly by failing to stop at a stop sign. Additionally, he received a citation from the local highway patrol, which supports our client’s negligence claim.

Assessing Our Client’s Losses

The negligence of the defendant caused our client to sustain serious personal injuries. She underwent extensive medical treatment and experienced severe emotional distress, pain, and suffering as a result of the accident. Our client believes her injuries are permanent and will require future medical care, leading to additional costs and emotional losses.

Our client’s spouse has also suffered because of the defendant’s negligent actions. He has been deprived of the love, affection, services, consortium, and society of his spouse, our client. His quality of life and ability to carry on the normal activities of his daily life with his spouse have been impaired as a direct result of the defendant’s reckless driving.

Unfortunately, at the time of the accident, the defendant did not have an insurance plan that could adequately compensate our clients for their losses. Consequently, we are seeking a declaratory judgment from the court ordering our client’s insurer, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, to provide them with the benefits associated with their uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.

Reach Out to a Skilled Accident Lawyer Today

Pursuing a legal claim can be difficult, especially if you are still recovering from severe injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Call Chares E. Boyk Law Offices today to start discussing your case with a seasoned lawyer.

Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC