Potentially Life-Saving Tips For Harsh Driving Conditions
From December 2010 through March 2011, 7,844 people have injured in snow-related accidents and 46 people died. Troopers noted that in 77 percent of those crashes, speed was the main cause.
The following are some more safety tips from the troopers to keep in mind when on the road in harsh driving conditions:
– If you break down, make sure your hazard warning lights are on and you are pulled as far off the road as possible.
– If you get stuck, make sure your tailpipe is not covered by debris or snow. This decreases the chances of carbon monoxide poisoning.
– Ensure your battery, cooling system, tires, wipers, and defroster all work.
Carry the following items in your car:
– Cell phone with car charger
– Road flares or reflectors
– Help or Call Police signs
– First aid kit
– Blanket/Sleeping bag
– Small shovel
– Bottled water and energy foods
– Candles and matches
– Tow strap/chain
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, you need help. Our Toledo Ohio car accident attorneys are here for you. They are willing and able to work with you every step of the way to get you the settlement you deserve.
Call toll-free at 800.637.8170 to request a free copy of The Ohio Accident Book and set up a free consultation.