My Personal Injury Has Worsened

After being involved in an accident and sustaining an injury, the first step is to always visit a medical professional for an assessment. The lawyers at our office recommend clients see their primary care physician if the injuries are not life-threatening, or to visit the emergency room. If an accident victim plans to pursue a personal injury claim, they must have medical records on file that document the injuries that they sustained.

There are times when an accident victim is assessed immediately following an incident, but their symptoms and injuries worse later on. If this happens, it is absolutely imperative for the individual to notify their lawyer is they have sustained another injury or a serious exacerbation of a current injury.

Throughout the legal process, keeping documents of injuries and the recovery process is essential to your case. If your injuries are not getting better and have further affected your life in a negative manner, be sure to notify your lawyer.

There are certain types of injuries that you may not think are serious at first, but as time goes on, they can continuously exacerbate. For example, if the slight back pain has progressed into something that keeps you from being able to move your body, you should notify your doctor and your lawyer of the condition. If this becomes an injury that you plan to seek compensation for, you will need to have the proper documentation to prove it.

If you were injured and have yet to hire a lawyer to represent you, contact our office at 800.637.8170. Our attorneys can help you with your personal injury claim by supporting your recovery and helping to keep the stress of the lawsuit off of your shoulders. You can visit our website to order a free copy of one of our legal books that explain the process of filing an injury claim.

Do not hesitate from calling our office to speak to our lawyers. Our team can answer any questions that you may have as well as give a free case evaluation over the phone.

Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC