Is My Child Safe? Parents Urged To Use Car Seats
It is estimated that 63 percent of deaths of children under the age of 14 are caused by road accidents. The proper use of a car seat can reduce the mortality rate by 71 per cent. Out of all of the deaths recorded in the country, 83 per cent of children who used car seats did not suffer any form of injury.
Authorities have taken it upon themselves to educate the public about the importance of using children’s car seats.
Types of safety seats:
- Children 0-9 months, or those weighing 0-13kg, must be seated in child seats facing the rear of the car.
- Children between 9 months and 3.5 years, weighing 9kg to 18kg, should be seated in car seats facing forward.
- Seat boosters can be used for children between 3.5-12 years, weighing 15-36kg.
- Support cushions can be used for children aged six to 11 years, who weigh 22kg to 36kg.
- Child seats should be placed on the back seat, secured with seat belts.
If you or someone you know has a child who has been injured in a child accident, you need information. Contact our Ohio child accident lawyers at toll free 800.637.8170 to order your FREE copy of Little Kids, Big Accidents: The Ultimate Guide to Child Accident Cases in Ohio.