I Was Just In A Car Accident, Should I Get A Lawyer?
If you have been in a car accident in Ohio, you may be wondering if it is necessary to get an attorney to represent you or if you should handle the situation yourself. After an accident, you are suddenly forced to deal with insurance companies and even more importantly, take care of your bodily injuries and start on the road to recovery. So, when should you hire a lawyer?
The truth is this: insurance companies and their team of employees are trained experts on how to minimize settlement claims in bodily injury cases. This puts you at a disadvantage if you attempt to challenge them on your own.
Below are instances where you should seriously consider hiring an attorney after an accident:
- You received serious injuries that have the possibility of long-term effects.
- The at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured.
- You feel like you are being pressured by the adjuster to settle quickly.
- You do not feel like you are receiving the fair compensation to cover your current and future medical bills.
- You worry that the Ohio’s statute of limitations on personal injury actions, barring the filing of claims more than 2 years after the date of the accident, law may come into effect before you will be able to settle the claim on your own.
If any of these instances apply to you, you may want to consider hiring attorney. The attorneys of The Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC, specialize in working with insurance companies to get you the settlement you deserve. They know the ins and outs of the insurance companies and will deal with them so that you do not have to.
Call our Ohio accident attorneys today at 800.637.8170 to schedule a free legal consultation and to request a free copy of The Ohio Accident Book, a guide to car accidents in Ohio.