The USDA has recalled 22,737 pounds of meat after a possible E. coli contamination. The meat that is at risk was shipped from National Beef Packing in Liberal, Kansas to both institutions and retail stores.
The contaminated meat includes:
- 10 pound packages of “National Beef” 80/20
- Coarse Ground Chuck, package code 0481
- 10 pound packages of “National Beef” 81/19
- Coarse Ground Beef, package code 0421
- Fine Ground Chuck, package code 0484
The “Use by” dates on the beef are June 14th, so all consumers should check their freezer!
While there have been no illnesses reported yet from the contaminated beef, it is critical for consumers to check their fridge and freezer to ensure that they do not have the beef in question.
If you purchased the above beef and have experienced been ill as a result, call our Ohio product liability claims attorneys at 800.637.8170 for help with your case. They can review your symptoms over the phone and help guide you through the appropriate steps to take.