Dog Bite Prevention Tips
There are over 4.5 million dog bite victims each year and dog bite season has arrived. Our office wants to share tips on how to avoid being bitten and prevent serious harm.
Most Frequent Dog Bite Victims
- Letter Carriers
How to Avoid a Dog Bite Attack
- Don’t run past a dog – their instinct is to chase you
- Don’t scream when threatened by a dog and avoid eye contact – remain motionless and back away slowly
- Don’t approach a strange dog – especially if the dog is tethered or confined
- Do not pet unknown dogs – if you choose to pet a dog, let them sniff and see you beforehand
- Try to place an object between you and the dog – if you believe the dog will attack, try to block the dog with an object like a backpack or bicycle
If you have been attacked by a dog, the owner is legally responsible. You can file a dog bite claim to receive damages for the pain and suffering that the attack caused you. Call our dog bite attorneys at 800.637.8170 to review your case.