Our Toledo, Ohio car accident lawyers want to make drivers aware of the dangers of drowsy driving. Driver fatigue is a hazardous condition that arises when a person suffers from symptoms of fatigue while driving. Delayed driver reaction time makes fatigue-related crashes more severe than others. When planning long trips, practice fatigue prevention measures that include:
· Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination and schedule regular breaks.
· Don’t work a full day and then drive for hours knowing you are tired.
· Don’t drink alcohol the night before driving as this may impair your judgment.
· Take a break every two hours.
· Share driving responsibilities with another on long trips.
· Avoid driving during normal sleep times.
· Recognize sleepiness when it develops.