Our Ohio medical malpractice attorneys handle medical negligence claims against hospitals. These lawsuits are brought about when a patient becomes injured or harmed by a medical error or medical mistake. A wrongful death claim is pursued when the case involved the death of a patient.
Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center is the critical care regional referral and teaching center in Toledo, Ohio. St. Vincent is home to five Life Flight air ambulances, holds the highest designation for treating high risk mothers & babies, is a Level I Trauma Center for children & adults, and is an accredited Chest Pain Center.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
According to Medical Malpractice statistics by Abhiji Naik, it is estimated that 225,000 people die each year from some form of medical malpractice such as incorrect dosages to surgical errors. 106,000 of these deaths are from the negative effects of their medication. Here are a few other medical malpractice statistics:
- Half of all medical malpractice lawsuits are filed against practicing surgeons.
- For every 7.6 people who suffer injuries due to medical negligence, only one person files a malpractice claim.
- Approximately 25% of the doctors in the United States will have a malpractice claim filed.
- There were 19,000 medical malpractice claim payments made in the United States in 2010.
- Medical negligence is the third largest cause of death in the United States.
Some common medical negligence lawsuits involving St. Vincent’s Hospital are:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth Injury
- Medication Errors
- Surgery Mistakes
You Need to Contact Your Ohio Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or a loved one was a patient who suffered injuries as a result of medical malpractice, you should contact the Charles Boyk Law Offices as soon as possible. Call our medical negligence lawyers now at (800) 637-8170 to speak with one of our experienced lawyers about your case or fill out our contact form and we will call you shortly.