Wrongful death filed in furniture store explosion
The families of the man and woman killed in a furniture store explosion in Wayne, Michigan have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Consumers Energy. In the suit, filed in state court, it was alleged that Consumers Energy, supplier of gas to the furniture store and surrounding neighborhood, was negligent in not evacuating the area after residents complained of a gas smell. Evacuations began after the blast. Consumers Energy received two calls on December 29th, the first at 6:40 and the last at 7:40 a.m. The technician was still in the area when the furniture store exploded at 9 a.m., trapping the store's owner, and killing two of his employees. The owner was injured, but survived. I understand that the gas leak, which was located near the store, was at a pipe coupling, and that the gas likely seeped into a nearby sewer main that serviced the furniture showroom. The piece of pipe is at a testing lab, according to Consumers Energy.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party you need help. Our Toledo, Ohio wrongful death lawyers are here to help you through every part of your case. They are experienced in handling all kinds of wrongful deaths and many other lawsuits. Call toll free 800.637.8170 to request your FREE copy of The Ohio Wrongful Death Book and schedule your free consultation. You need an experienced Ohio wrongful death attorney in order to get the compensation you deserve.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Wrongful death filed in furniture store explosion"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."