There are many key things to be aware of when presented with an accident scenario. Many people stumble into talking to an adjuster without proper legal advice and information to support their claims. This general list will provide readers a glimpse of what is necessary to win an accident case as well as information to be of aware of for future circumstances.
- Know exactly where the accident took place
- Note the position of the vehicles before and after the accident
- Note what the accident scene itself looked like immediately after an accident
- Photograph signs, buildings, and other items that may have been involved in the accident
- Write down the names and addresses of anyone who was actively involved in the accident including passengers and drivers
- Make sure to write down all key information such as license and insurance information
- Write down the names of any witnesses of the scene
Many times, the police will also produce a police report that will then be available for an attorney to investigate.
If you or a family member is a need of assistance in a legal matter, please call 800.637.8170. In every potential life-risking, life-harming situation, it is imperative to seek an attorney for further assistance and help. Our attorneys continue to represent countless victims and their families, helping them in their time of need to receive their deserved compensation. Here, you will receive advice on the next steps to take, a free copy of The Ohio Accident Book, and plenty more resources to assist you.