Lucas and Sandusky Counties were issued a Level One Snow Emergency on Thursday as the snow began to fall and the roads became covered. A Level One Emergency means that motorists should be extremely cautious as the roadways are hazardous due to blowing and drifting snow.
The snow began to cause reduce visibility soon after it began to fall. It resulted in several crash around the Toledo area.
Crashes Due to Snow: Thursday, January 16
- Toledo Rollover on Northbound side of Disalle Bridge near Downtown
- Toledo I-280 northbound at I-75 southbound exit ramp
- Toledo head-on collision on Alexis at Recamper
- Toledo I-75 southbound at Phillips
- Toledo 3-vehicle crash at Fearing and Hill
- Toledo I-475 westbound at Secor entrance
- Toledo I-475 eastbound at Secor underpass
- Toledo I-75 southbound at I-280 southbound
- Toledo I-75 southbound at Erie Street
- Toledo I-75 southbound at Miami
- Toledo I-280 northbound at Greenbelt
- Toledo Talmadge at I-475
- Toledo I-280 northbound at I-75 southbound
- Toledo 117th at Ottawa River Road
- Toledo Front Street at Steel
- Maumee eastbound ramp at southbound US 23
- Perrysburg I-75 at US 20
- Oregon southbound I-280 at Navarre
- Accident at VGCS
- Toledo I-280 at Central Avenue overpass
- Toledo I-280 northbound at Manhattan
- Toledo I-280 northbound at Front Street
- Oregon I-280 southbound at Brown
Driving Safe in the Ohio Snow
Our advice to ANYONE driving in this weather is to do so with extreme caution. It is very easy to lose control of your vehicle in the conditions that are currently present on Toledo area roadways.
If you happen to be involved in an accident that was the fault of another motorist and you sustain injury, please contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Accidents that occur during winter weather are still deemed the fault of the motorist who lost control of their vehicle, not Mother Nature. If a driver’s failure to maintain control results in your injury, you deserve compensation. Call our office at 800.637.8170 to review the accident with one of our attorneys and learn what legal options you have.