Were you hit by a careless driver in Ohio? If you were, you may be wondering at what point you need to hire a lawyer. After you are involved in a crash you are forced into dealing with your new injuries, your damaged car and the insurance company. So when is it necessary to hire a lawyer?
Below are some instances where hiring a lawyer should be seriously considered:
- You received serious injuries that have the possibility of long-term effects.
- The at-fault driver is uninsured or underinsured.
- You feel like you are being pressured by the adjuster to settle quickly.
- You do not feel like you are receiving the fair compensation to cover your current and future medical bills.
- You worry that the Ohio’s statute of limitations on personal injury actions, barring the filing of claims more than 2 years after the date of the accident, law may come into effect before you will be able to settle the claim on your own. Insuranace companies and their employees want to minimize your settlement and if any of these apply to you, a lawyer can help protect your rights and make sure you are not taken advantage of.
The attorneys of The Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC, specialize in working with insurance companies to get you the settlement you deserve. They know the ins and outs of the insurance companies and will deal with them so that you do not have to.
Call our Ohio accident attorneys today at 800.637.8170 to schedule a free legal consultation and to request a free copy of The Ohio Accident Book, a guide to car accidents in Ohio.