This versatile treat can be poured over your favorite ice cream, drizzled over cheesecake, used as a pretzel dip, stirred into hot apple cider or coffee – or on virtually anything!
1 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons salted butter
½ cup heavy cream or whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1. In a large, deep saucepan, heat the sugar over medium heat until melted, making sure to stir constantly with a spatula. Keep stirring even after it gets clumpy – it will eventually turn into a brown liquid.
2. Add butter as soon as the sugar is completely melted. Stir until butter is melted.
3. Slowly pour in the cream while constantly stirring.
4. Allow to boil for one minute (bubbling may occur).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the salt.
6. Store in a glass container in the fridge. Warm for a few seconds in the microwave before serving.