Western Mixers Products & Nut Company recalled their Treasured Harvest Pistachios due to a potential salmonella contamination. We released a blog post with information regarding this recall on Monday, but there have been revisions including additional package sizes affected.
The result of consuming the contaminated pistachios includes fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. There is also a possibility that the organism can make its way into the bloodstream and result in arterial infections, endocarditis, and arthritis.
The package sizes, labels, and lot numbers are listed below. If you have purchased Treasured Harvest pistachios, please pay close attention to this information:
- 6 oz. Clear Plastic Cup of Treasured Harvest pistachios, Roasted & Salted flavor with Lot numbers 123050, 123140, 123320, 123450, 123360, 130150, 130240, 130350
- 12 oz. Clear Bag of Treasured Harvest pistachios, Roasted & Salted flavor, Lot number 130290
- 28 oz. Clear Plastic Tray of Treasured Harvest pistachios, Roasted & Salted flavor, Lot numbers 123100, 122960, 123040
- 5 lb. Green Bag of Treasured Harvest pistachios, Roasted & Salted flavor with Lot numbers 123550, 130020, 122920, 123380, 130070
- 5 lb. Box of Treasured Harvest pistachios, Raw, Shelled pistachios with Lot numbers 131160, 131200, 131230, 131300, 131400, 131500
Those who have purchased the above pistachio packages should return them for a full refund. If you have consumed the affected pistachios and have experienced salmonella related symptoms as a result, call our Ohio products liability claims attorneys at 800.637.8170.