Emily’s Chicken Enchilada Soup
Give a new twist to Mexican night at your house with this savory and hearty soup. Perfect for the winter months, it pairs well with taco salad or topped with crushed tortilla chips.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 10-ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
- One 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- One 10.75-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large, cooked chicken breasts, shredded or cubed
- 1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese
1. In a large pot, sauté onions in butter until soft
2. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, and chicken
3. In a large bowl, mix together enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. Add mixture to veggies.
4. Add milk and cook until hot.
5. Before serving, top with cheese. Enjoy!